Attorney Jacob K. Ehrensaft will explain how to ensure your final wishes can be protected. This program will take place in-person and over Zoom and will explore how to select the correct person to make healthcare and financial decisions on your behalf when you cannot. The importance of updating existing documents to reflect changes in the law and personal circumstances shall also be reviewed. Jacob will explain the importance of wills, trusts, powers of attorney living wills, probate, and guardianship.
Issues to be covered include:
1) Who will make healthcare and financial decisions for someone if they become incapacitated?
2) Who will care for minor children if something happens to their parents?
3) Should living wills be used in Illinois?
4) Making sure children are treated fairly they are the biological children of both parents.
5) Should your existing will and/or trust be updated?
6) What are the advantages of using a trust over a simple will?
8) What is the best way to provide for a beneficiary with disabilities/special needs?
9) Changes in estate taxes.
10) Changes in laws relating to estate planning.